Thursday, April 19, 2012

Staying Optimistic No Matter What..

An optimistic person shines like the rays of the sun...
Today seems to be an unusual day for me. Unusual because I don't feel like working, talking to people, mingling with peers and doing stuffs that I normally do on a daily basis. This type of feeling might have been brought up by my lack of decent sleep last night or may be it's just one of those days when you just want to slack and become seemingly pessimistic on things about life.

However, things changed when my conversation with my executive manager transpired around 11:00a.m. The conversation started with the normal greetings and stuff when out of nowhere, she opened up things about her life which I thought was not "normal". Nonetheless, I listened well and tried to imbibe everything that she wanted to share with me. She started by telling me that at age 18, she got married with her long term boy friend and eventually had a son. This was the life she thought she always wanted: to be loved by the man of her dreams and be a mother of their son. But, everything went upside down when their son was diagnosed with a heart diseased and died before even he could reach the age of 2.  Bewildered by the reality of death, life seemed hard for the couple and they thought it would never be the same without their baby boy. Her husband who was so attached to their son, was weakened psychologically, emotionally and spiritually. When the pain was too much for her husband to bear, he took his own life leaving my manager a widow at an early age of 21. I was so depressed hearing all of these from her, as I can feel for her especially the pain, the hurt and the shock that she underwent after losing a son and a husband at the same time. I feel like crying to show my sympathy but controlled myself since she's already through the process of catharsis and has moved on since then. At 32, she is our manager, continuing her law studies in one of the best universities here in Queensland and she's remarried to an awesome man.

At the end of our conversation, I thanked her for two reasons. One, for sharing with me her life's story; proving that she trusts me and that she considers me as one of her friends in the work force. Lastly, for reminding me that one must maintain the optimism in life even if at times we are like gold, tested on fire to become who and what we are today.
The conversation indeed challenged me, to become optimistic every single day of my life, no matter what, no matter where. I have to hold on to the faith and keep it burning. The faith that tells: "all shall be well", for we have a GOD who is bigger than our anxieties and worries. Therefore, let us stay optimistic NO MATTER WHAT! God bless us all! ^_^

Proverbs 3:5-6

Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition (DRA)
5Have confidence in the Lord with all thy heart, and lean not upon thy own  prudence.6In all thy ways think on him, and he will direct thy steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment